Map of Indonesia

Map of Indonesia

Friday, October 21, 2011

The XX Palembang Housing Exposed with Documented Evidence


21/10/2011
Todor Djordjevic
Location: XX University Palembang

The XX Palembang Housing Exposed with Documented Evidence

My current on campus housing:(including documented evidence)

1. Unsafe and unsecure housing including:
a. Continual multiple in-person soliciting including one robbery attempt on campus premises (campus security failed to provide help). Please refer to the documented evidence previously emailed.
b. Housing robbery attempt that appeared during my Bandung visit reported by my neighbor on Oct. 12th, 2011 (if interested photos of the broken door lock will be provided) (This event has never been mentioned by XX even though they were aware of it)
c. House exposed to easy flooding (photos available)
d. Two hours of running water per day
e. Dead rat “welcome to the neigborhood” experience (refer to the www.realpalembang.blogspot.com)
f. More than five “kaki seribu” per day, gutter rats bigger than local home cats, and the baby snake visit have been reported
g. Electricity cuts for more than four hours on daily basis including electical devices breakage and multiple times spoiled fridge food

2. The minimum “US Standard” housing features has not been met, even though availalbe in Palembang:
a. Matress not provided (I bought it by myself) Their sleeping sponge has nasty bugs and ants in it!
b. Gas Stove with dishes and pans I had to buy myself (I haven’t been reimbursed for them yet). Their gas stove was broken!
c. Leaking ceiling (when it rains) in one of the bedrooms
d. Bathroom facilities substandard (photos availalbe): no western toilet and no hot water
e. Insufficient cooling (AC and fan old and easily broken); I had to buy the fan by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment